Trends Point to Continued Growth for Digital Billboards
Darrin Friskney, director of Watchfire Digital Outdoor, recently published a blog post on digitalsignagetoday.com. The post discusses the growth of digital billboards in the United States, and outlines the following five indicators of how and why adoption of digital billboards has grown despite the current recession, and how digital will continue to grow in the future.
- Steady decrease in prices — The prices of digital billboards have fallen nearly 20% in the past couple years as LEDs become more affordable.
- Better energy efficiency — Higher efficacy LEDs allow digital billboards to operate using far less energy today, resulting in lower operating costs. In fact, energy requirements for some boards have been cut in half in just two years.
- Acceptance by states — Many large cities and 82% of U.S. states now allow digital billboards.
- Advertisers understand the value — Both local and national advertisers are taking note of digital billboard features, such as dynamic content. Employing digital billboards to the fullest extent has put them on par with media like television, radio and the Internet.
- Boards look good over time — If calibrated correctly, digital billboards have proven to hold on to their good looks. In addition, boards persevere through time and weather with little maintenance and still look great.
Digital Billboard Customers Talk About Their Success With Watchfire
We asked several digital billboard operators about their experience in converting to digital with Watchfire billboards. Watch the video to learn how operators with billboard businesses of all sizes are succeeding with digital outdoor.