The Most Energy Efficient Outdoor LED Signs Available
In May of 2011, Watchfire became the first in our industry to earn UL-Energy Efficiency Certification, which is a testament to our compliance with the strictest efficiency requirements in the US.
UL-Energy Efficiency Certification was developed to assist manufacturers in testing and certifying products for compliance to energy efficiency requirements contained within Title 24 of the California Energy Commission's Building Energy Efficiency Standards. Certification standards include mandatory automatic control requirements and standards that set limits on installed lighting power for illuminated signs.
Eco-Friendly LED Signs: Displays that are safe, efficient and long-lasting
From the very beginning, Watchfire has designed our LED signs, Price Watcher gas price signs, and digital billboards with safety, efficiency, sustainability and durability in mind. Besides UL-Energy Efficiency Certification, Watchfire message center signs are compliant with UL48 and CUL48, the standard for safety of electrical signs, and the National Electrical Code.
When it comes to energy efficiency, we recognize that green products are more than just good for the planet. Signs that consume less energy sustain our resources and are a better investment for buyers. We continue to seek out materials and technology that improve your bottom line by reducing cost of ownership.
Watchfire uses energy-saving and environmentally friendly components and design specifications such as:
- High efficiency LEDs that last over ten times longer than traditional lighting sources and use less than half the energy of LEDs available just three years ago
- Directional light, pointed horizontally toward the viewer
- A custom-designed, high-efficiency power supply
- Sign ventilation design that reduces operating costs and CO2 emissions because air conditioning or heaters are never necessary (and never have been)
- Automatic dimming at sundown and an optional photocell to adjust brightness in all light conditions
Watchfire LED signs outlast other types of signs, and they are designed to stand up to the elements with unmatched reliability. Plus, they are made with components, such as aluminum, copper, gold and polycarbonate plastic, that can be harvested and recycled if a sign is retired.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
We do that too. Watchfire continually invests in reducing chemicals, waste and power consumption related to production. Our Danville, Illinois factory recycles throughout the manufacturing cycle, from the plant to the office, including:
- Water used in the manufacturing process, removing and disposing of chemicals along the way
- Scrap from production, including aluminum, copper wire, steel, lead and cardboard
- Wood products, such as pallets and crating
- Electronic equipment from our offices
- Workforce-related refuse, such as paper, aluminum cans and plastic bottles
Our green philosophy extends to our Danville manufacturing plant, which is well insulated and designed to promote cross ventilation, eliminating the need for air conditioning. We also use air scrubbers to reduce airborne emissions, and we run compressed air on timers to increase plant efficiency.
Making our products eco-friendly is good for the environment, good for your bottom line and just good business.